WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Jeff Brohm said he will stay as head coach of Purdue football after many speculated he would leave for the same job at his alma mater Louisville.
The second year Purdue head coach released this statement on his decision:
”This has been a very difficult and emotional decision for me and my family. We are extremely happy at Purdue and thankful for the opportunity to lead this program. After intense and thorough discussion, I believe it is important to finish the building process we have begun and honor the commitment I made to our football program, players, and recruits. While going home was very appealing and meaningful to me, the timing was not ideal. I believe that remaining at Purdue is the right thing to do, and I am excited for the challenges ahead. I want to thank the University of Louisville and Vince Tyra for reaching out and expressing their interest in me. As a former Cardinal player and coach, I want nothing but the best for the University of Louisville. Under the leadership of President Neeli Bendapudi and Vince Tyra, the future of the university is in great hands. I also want to thank all Cardinal fans for their support over the years.”
"I am 100 percent committed to restoring the gloried past of #Purdue football."
Jeff Brohm at his introductory press conference, December 5, 2016. pic.twitter.com/58o59Ki5Nc
— Andrew Pogar (@AndrewPogar) November 28, 2018
Jeff Brohm is officially staying at Purdue.
— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) November 28, 2018
After several agonizing days, Coach @JeffBrohm has decided to stay at Purdue instead of becoming the next football coach at the University of Louisville.
— rickbozich (@rickbozich) November 28, 2018
- Jeff Brohm staying as head football coach at Purdue
- Purdue extends head football coach Jeff Brohm's contract for the second time in 2 years
- Purdue students react to Jeff Brohm speculation
- Purdue announces contract extension for Jeff Brohm
- Jeff Brohm named National Coach of the Week
- Clearing up the rumors surrounding Jeff Brohm's future at Purdue
- Brohm impressed with Purdue's defensive performance
- Jeff Brohm compares Arizona QB Khalil Tate to Lamar Jackson
- Gold and Black LIVE April 11 with Jeff Brohm
- Brohm, Purdue attend Big Ten Media Day in Chicago