DEMOTTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A man is dead after his car left the roadway and caught fire southeast of Demotte. The Jasper County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to the single-vehicle crash south of County Road 1050 north of U.S. 231 Tuesday afternoon.
Around 4 p.m., deputies said 43-year-old Daniel Builta of Rensselaer drove off the road for unknown reasons. His car hit an embankment and went airborne. Deputies said it then landed on its top and became engulfed in flames.
Witnesses were unable to remove Builta from the vehicle. His body was found inside the car when first responders arrived. The Jasper County Coroner identified Builta and declared him dead.
- Jasper County man dead after car catches fire
- Jasper County man arrested in alleged stabbing
- Missing Jasper County woman found dead in Hobart
- Man dies following crash on I-65 in Jasper County
- Jasper County man injures 5 officers during arrest
- Jasper County man killed by front-end loader
- Illinois man put behind bars in Jasper County
- One person airlifted after tractor and car crash in Jasper County
- Deputies break up underage drinking party in Jasper County
- ISP: Three people airlifted after crash in Jasper County