JASPER COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The Jasper County Sheriff's Office has arrested 41-year-old Dustin R. Griffin of DeMotte on charges of impersonating a public servant, which is a level 6 felony.
They say the early evening hours of February 11th, they received a report of suspicious activity in the area of C.R. 1100 W. and State Rd. 10 from a woman. She said she drove past a car that was sitting just off the roadway when the car pulled out behind her and activated a red and blue flashing light mounted in its front windshield.
She said that she pulled over and the car pulled in behind her with the lights still flashing. She said she felt that what was happening was suspicious, so she picked up her cell phone to call her husband. Which is when she said the car sped away from the area.
She was able to get a descripton of the driver and the car. She described him as a white male wearing a beanie cap and that the suspect vehicle was a white Pontiac G6 with an Indiana handicap plate.
Later that same evening, the husband of the victim called the Jasper County Sheriff's Office saying that he believed he had found the suspect's car parked in a driveway in a neighborhood near DeMotte. Jasper County Sheriff's Deputies responded to that location.
They determined that the car belonged to Griffin. He told Deputies investigating that he works for a security company and that the red/blue flashing light was used for work. He said the lights randomly turn on and off due to an electrical short in the wiring. He also could not give any reasonable explanation as to why the woman made the allegation against him.
Deputies took Griffin's lights as evidence and requested a warrant for his arrest with the Jasper County Prosecutor's Office.
On February 28th, Griffin was arrested on the warrant and transported to the Jasper County Detention Center with the charge of impersonating a public servant.
- Jasper County man arrested on charges of impersonating a police officer
- Jasper County man arrested in alleged stabbing
- Jasper County man injures 5 officers during arrest
- Lafayette man charged with impersonating law enforcement
- Jasper County man killed by front-end loader
- Man dies following crash on I-65 in Jasper County
- Jasper County man dead after car catches fire
- Illinois man put behind bars in Jasper County
- Rape by Impersonation Bill Update
- Suspect identified, facing charges in Jasper County fatal hit-and-run