REMINGTON, Ind. (WLFI) - A Jasper County man is in custody after allegedly stabbing a Wheatfield man twice.
Investigators said Thomas Lewandowski, 24, got into an argument at a home in the Remington area when he allegedly pulled a knife.
The Jasper County Sheriff's Office said a witness at the scene helped give first aid to the victim until an ambulance arrived. The victim had to be airlifted to Indianapolis, but is now reportedly stable, according to deputies.
Lewandowski was found and arrested nearby. He faces a preliminary charge of aggravated battery.
- Jasper County man arrested in alleged stabbing
- Jasper County man injures 5 officers during arrest
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Jasper County man killed by front-end loader
- Man dies following crash on I-65 in Jasper County
- Jasper County man dead after car catches fire
- Illinois man put behind bars in Jasper County
- Jasper County man arrested on charges of impersonating a police officer
- Lafayette woman charged after alleged weekend stabbing
- Deputies break up underage drinking party in Jasper County