I have measured 1.8" of snow as of 9:30 p.m. at WLFI in West Lafayette. We are sitting at 7.5 degrees! Snow has gone from just pouring small grains to large dendrites as warmer, more moist air gets into the snow growth layer & is lifted & cooled. Thus, nice, large dendrites are growing & flaking off.
Reports range from 1" at Veedersburg & Ladoga to 2" in Attica & Frankfort to 1.5" west of Frankfort, Monticello & Logansport.
Wind has not been a big issue with this snow & no big wind issues are expected, even through tomorrow.
Radar shows the band of heaviest snow so far has been over southern Warren to southwestern Tippecanoe County with +2" amounts estimated.
So, overall, it is likely that 1-3" have fallen over the viewing area so far.
Now to 6 a.m.:
Additional snowfall now to 5 a.m.: 1-3"...................
- January 31, 2019 9:30 PM Weather Update: Snow Continues Area-Wide
- January 31, 2019, 4:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 2019 Weather Review
- August 31, 1:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 31, 12:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 4, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 10, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 11, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 11, 4 PM Weather Update
- January 27, 9 PM Weather Forecast Update