The official data from the Purdue Agronomy Farm station shows a low temperature of -17 at 7 a.m. yesterday morning & a reading this morning at 7 a.m. of -19. Both are record lows.
30th: -17 Old Record -12 in 1966
31st: -19 Old Record -13 in 1899
It will go down in the 1879 to present official West Lafayette record books as records lows on two consecutive days.
One of the days even saw a record low high temperature.
West Lafayette records: Purdue University 1879-1953 & Purdue Agronomy Farm 1954-present.
Winter Weather Advisory is up for the entire viewing area for this evening & tonight for snowfall.
Snow will tend to fall in the 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. time from from the Alberta clipper.
3-6" of snowfall is expected for much of the area, except the far northeastern far & far southwestern fringe with 1-3".
The best chance of seeing some 5" & 6" totals will be in a narrow, discontinuous path from northern Warren, through north-central Tippecanoe to northern Clinton County.
Wind will not be a big factor with this system.
20s to lower 30s Friday with partly to mostly cloudy skies will give way to some patchy freezing drizzing Friday night as temperatures rise to 27-32 after dropping to 18-25 initially in the evening.
With mostly cloudy to cloudy skies Saturday, some patches of drizzle are possible as temperatures rise to 37-45 by evening. Temperatures will tend to rise Sunday night with upper 40s to lower 50s expected Sunday as major thaw ensues.
Much of Sunday is trending dry with a mix of clouds & sun with brisk southerly winds. It will be a car wash day for sure!
- January 31, 11:45 AM Weather Forecast Update: Accumulating Snowfall in the Last Hours of January
- January 30, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update: Accumulating Snowfall Ahead
- January 26, 7 PM: Snowfall Update
- Breaking Down Saturday's Accumulating Snowfall
- January 28, 11 AM Weather Forecast Update
- January 11, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 21, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 24, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 31, 2019, 4:30 PM Weather Forecast Update