Wind chills still -40 to -20 tonight-Thursday morning will give way to rising wind chills through the afternoon. They will reach around 0 by evening!
Temperatures will rise to 17-22 with the snow tomorrow night & reach 26-32 Friday with a lack of wind!
Snow will overspread the west west/southwest to east/northeast after 5 p.m. Thursday. It should completely exit by 5 a.m. Friday, it appears at the present time. 1.5-6" of snow is expected (see map below). The higher totals are shifting a bit more to the south.
Best potential of 5-6" amounts appears to be shaping up in a band from near Otterbein to Battle Ground & northside of Greater Lafayette to Rossville to Michigantown.
Friday looks dry, but some patches of freezing drizzle are possible late Friday night to Saturday morning before going to just some patches of plain drizzle.
Note how wind is not a big factor with this snowfall.
- January 30, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update: Accumulating Snowfall Ahead
- January 31, 11:45 AM Weather Forecast Update: Accumulating Snowfall in the Last Hours of January
- 6 PM Weather Forecast Update: Cold Weather Records & Accumulating Snowfall Projections
- Breaking Down Saturday's Accumulating Snowfall
- January 26, 7 PM: Snowfall Update
- January 11, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 21, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 24, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 11, 9:30 PM Forecast Update