Check out this current shot of the snow at Hillsdale, Illinois, south of Springfield:
Waves of some rainfall will pass tonight & through tomorrow with breaks & just drizzle & some fog in-between.
A few flakes may mix in the rain at times over the next few hours in the area.
Rain & drizzle tomorrow night will be around, but all snow should pivot in late Friday night-Saturday morning with wind picking up from the west at 15-32 mph.
This lobe of steady snowfall through pivot through Saturday morning to midday, then decrease to scattered snow showers.
Most of the accumulation will occur in the morning with temperatures around 32. Highs should reach around 35.
Winds will run 15-30 mph all day from the west.
With the rain & melted snowfall, 0.30-0.70" liquid is possible here on out, so I have cut the original 0.60-1.30" totals.
1" to 2" snowfall is possible with the best potential of some +2" amounts in our far northwestern & western areas.
We will monitor for tweaks to this forecast, as an area of heavy snowfall with 6" could fall close-by in Illinois.
Isolated to spotty rain/snow showers may pass at times Sunday-Thursday as some weak shortwaves pivot through.
Clouds will tend to dominate with highs in the 30s to lower 40s & lows near 30 to the lower 30s.
Some more widespread rain/snow may occur late next week or next weekend.
- January 23, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 23, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 23, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- April 23, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- May 23, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 23, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 23, 10:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 11, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 21, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 24, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update