Wet snow Thursday should go to rain/snow, then rain with time with temperatures rising frmo 31-32 to 35-36.
Up to 1" of accumulation is possible before the change-over & it will melt away.
Rain should change back to snow Friday late afternoon-evening as deepening low pivots out of Missouri to our area. Temperatures should fall back from 35-36 to 32-33.
If it would track more southwest of our area, we would end up with all snow & heavy snow at that with gusty north to northeast winds.
However, this track is not favorable for heavy snow here.
We will monitor, however.
Through Friday afternoon, you can see where the heavy snow occurs.
Note the areas of +7" in Missouri, Wisconsin & northern Illinois.
With change-over to snow with time Friday, heaviest should fall Friday night with gusty northwest winds at 15-30 mph.
Temperatures will run 31-32.
Total accumulation Friday night varies from 0.5" in the far east to as much as 4" in Newton & Jasper counties & 1-3" elsewhere.
We will monitor.
Total liquid from the system is running 0.60-1.10".
So, if we could end up making this an all-snow system, it could be 6-12". That does not look to be the case for us right now, however.
Saturday should feature some snow showers & highs near 35. A few snow flurries are possible Sunday with highs around 36 as any snow cover sees melting.
- January 22, 12 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 22, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 22, 12:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 22, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update: Very Active!
- January 22, 10:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 22, 9:45 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 16, 12 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 26, 12 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 22, 7 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 22, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update