We have a mix of light snow & sleet over parts of the area.
I have light sleet/snow mix near West Lafayette.
Snow is on the ground & coming down at Wheatfield. Dusting of snow reported at Kentland.
Logansport is reporting sleet & snow mix.
South half of area will receive less than 1" of snow total with ice dominating, while the north has the best chance of 1" to as much as 2".
Up to 0.15" glaze & up to 0.1" sleet possible area-wide.
Solid, pretty heavy rainfall will follow with 4-5' rise in river by late Sunday & creeks that will run high tomorrow.
Change-over to rain southwest to northeast over the area will occur 1-5 a.m.
Water will run off & ice & any snow melt atop frozen ground with ponding on roads & on lawns & fields.
Southeast to south winds may gust up to 30-40 mph tonight.
Now to around 4 a.m. (snow is blue, rust color is sleet & pink to purple freezing rain):
Rain will taper to some snow showers/flurries Saturday with west to northwest winds gusting 40-50 mph at times.
Total rainfall plus liquid from melting ice & snow should reach 1-1.5".
Wind chills will drop to single digits by evening & -20 to -10 by Sunday morning with lows 5-9.
With clouds & bit of sun Sunday, winds will be strong at 15-30 mph with highs only 8-16, leading to wind chills -7 to -3 all day.
A few flurries are possible Sunday.
- January 16, 8 PM Update
- January 16, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 16, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 16, 5 PM Winter Weather Update
- January 16, 12 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 16, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 16 Weather Forecast Update, 12:30 p.m.
- October 16, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 16, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 16, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update