VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)- Indiana State Police have identified the body found dead in the Wabash River on Saturday evening as 56-year-old Jeanne L. Stern of Clinton, Indiana.
Saturday, Feb. 16 Chief Billy MacLaren, of the Clinton City Police Department, requested the assistance of Indiana State Police Putnamville District in reference to a death investigation of an unknown female that was located in the Wabash River near Riverside Cemetery within Clinton City limits. The call came in around 6:30 p.m.
The initial investigation is showing there are no signs of foul play.
An autopsy has been scheduled for February 18, 2019, at Terre Haute Regional Hospital by Dr. Roland Kohr. At that time, positive identification is expected to be made as well as other information related to the cause and manner of death.
The investigation is being conducted by Indiana State Police detectives Troy Cobb and Ryan Winters, with the assistance of Sgt. Jim Cody of the Putnamville State Police Post. Clinton Police Department and Vermillion County Coroner's Office are also assisting in the investigation. The investigation is ongoing.
- Body found in Wabash River in Vermillion County has been identified
- Body found in Wabash River ID'd as Illinois man who drowned
- Body found in Clinton County
- Body found in Newton County
- Wabash River Enhancement Corporation hosts Spring 2019 Wabash Sampling Blitz
- State police identify 6 bodies found in Logansport house fire
- Body found in Newton Co. identified as West Lafayette woman
- Bald eagles nesting along Wabash River
- White County Sheriff confirms body pulled from Tippecanoe River
- Body pulled from Lake Shafer identified