WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Grand Valley State announced the signing of 33 high school football players on Wednesday including Harrison's Jake Urban.
Urban, a defensive end, had 69 tackles and nine sacks as a senior for the sectional champion Raiders.
It was until after Urban's senior season when he first visited Grand Valley State.
But that first trip made a strong impression.
"It's got the best facilities in all of Division II," Urban said. "It's got a great campus in a great town right by Grand Rapids and it's just amazing. I fell in love with it as soon as I stepped on campus."
Urban plans on majoring in education in hopes of becoming a history teacher. Grand Valley State posted a 10-2 overall record and qualified for the NCAA Division II playoffs last season.
The Lakers' roster also features junior tight end Grant Dempster, a graduate of McCutcheon.
- Jake Urban makes it official with Grand Valley State
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer to retire after Rose Bowl
- Lafayette Urban Ministries help parents become heroes
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Winter Warming Station
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Turkey Trot 2018
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Jubilee Christmas Preview
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Protein Food Pantry
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Follies is a success
- Lafayette Urban Ministry receives $15,000 anonymous gift
- Lafayette Urban Ministry receives large grant from The Community Foundation