TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Tippecanoe County Jail inmate faces charges after allegedly slicing another inmate's throat last week.
Court documents show Lawrence Bell told a corrections officer that James McKillop sliced his throat using a metal splint. According to court documents, the cut was several inches in length.Bell also told the officer McKillop punched him in the eye.
Security footage showed McKillop attacking Bell from behind while he was on the phone. McKillop faces several charges, including prisoner's possession of a deadly weapon and battery resulting in bodily injury.
- Jail inmate faces charges for allegedly slicing another inmate's throat
- Many Indiana counties face jail crowding with inmate shift
- Inmate facing new charges after he was allegedly found with drugs
- Three inmates escape from Tennessee jail
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Tippecanoe County Jail scans more than inmates
- Jail inmate found guilty of attempted murder
- Jail inmate sentenced for attempted murder
- Carroll County jail looks to charge incarcerated inmates per diem
- Two inmates charged with separate murders