WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) – Purdue men's basketball head coach Matt Painter has announced that Jahaad Proctor has joined the program and will be eligible to compete immediately for the Boilermakers during the 2019-20 season.
Proctor played the last two seasons at High Point University after playing at Iona College as a freshman in 2015-16.
"Jahaad will bring a level of experience, toughness, intelligence and scoring to our backcourt for the upcoming season," head coach Matt Painter said. "He had a very successful career at High Point and has shown the ability to be a very effective player on both ends of the floor. We are excited for him to be joining our program."
Proctor, a 6-foot, 3-inch guard from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, was a second-team All-Big South honoree for the second straight year in 2019 after averaging 19.5 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game for the 16-15 Panthers. He surpassed 20 points 17 times during the season and became the 16th player to reach 1,000 career points in two seasons in the Big South.
In 2017-18, Proctor averaged 16.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. He shot 38.2 percent from long distance as a junior, making 55 of 144 long-range attempts while scoring in double-figures in 21 of 23 games.
As a freshman at Iona in 2015-16, Proctor averaged 5.1 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game while shooting almost 46.0 percent from the field.
Proctor graduated from High Point with a 3.79 GPA, earning CoSIDA Academic All-District honors while being named a three-time Big South Presidential Honor Roll member.
The Boilermakers are coming off an Elite Eight appearance and a Big Ten Championship while boasting a 26-10 overall record. Purdue finished the season ranked No. 8 in the final USA Today / Coaches poll.
- Purdue officially adds High Point grad transfer Jahaad Proctor
- High Point grad transfer Jahaad Proctor commits to Purdue
- Gold and Black LIVE October 4 with guests Matt Painter and Jahaad Proctor
- Purdue grad wins World Food Prize
- Purdue's new provost tackles credit transfer issue
- Purdue forward Jacquil Taylor to transfer
- Purdue grad students head out for Antarctic research expedition
- Purdue grad named director of the Johnson Space Center.
- Harrison, Purdue grad Josh Lindblom named Korean All-Star
- McCutcheon, Purdue grad Nick Wittgren traded to Indians