LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Ivy Tech will start offering classes on the Saint Joseph’s campus in Rensselaer starting in 2020. According to a press release, Ivy Tech Community College Lafayette has entered into an agreement with Saint Joseph’s College to offer several subjects during the Spring 2020 semester. The classes will apply towards a certificate or degree from Ivy Tech and are transferable to all Indiana public universities and many private universities.
“Saint Joseph’s College is pleased to welcome Ivy Tech to its campus to offer college-level courses and to build new avenues of partnership,” said Dr. William Carroll, Saint Joseph’s spokesperson.
“We are excited to take this first step in partnership with Saint Joseph’s College to provide Ivy Tech classes that will be closer to home for Jasper County residents,” said Dr. David Bathe, Chancellor of Ivy Tech’s Lafayette campus. “The classes we will be offering are core classes that provide the first step towards a college degree and contribute to the economic and workforce development of the county.”
The classes will be offered during the Spring 2020 semester in 8-week sessions. Subjects include English Composition, Communication/Public Speaking, Introduction to Education, and Microsoft Excel.
Saint Joe's closed in May of 2017 due to millions of dollars of debt and its accreditation was on the line.
The Spring Semester begins January 13 and the second half of the semester begins March 16.
For more information, call (765) 269-5297 or e-mail email@example.com. Application to Ivy Tech is free at IvyTech.edu/Apply-Now.
- Ivy Tech to offer classes on Saint Joseph's campus
- Ivy Tech educating addiction counselors
- Ivy Tech offering new jump start program starting in fall
- Ivy Tech offering new scholarship to volunteer first responders
- Alumni react to Ivy Tech, St. Joseph's College collaboration
- Ivy Tech Week of Service Kicks Off
- Ivy Tech Lafayette students celebrate 2018 commencement
- Ivy Tech students celebrate at 2019 graduation
- Ivy Tech hosts annual Shoes for Water drive this week
- Ivy Tech Canstruction drive feeds community and fuels creativity