LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Ivy Tech Community College is getting ready to bring awareness to domestic and sexual violence.
A "Take Back the Night" event will be held next Wednesday. The event will include a resource fair, a rally and march around campus.
This is the fifth year Ivy Tech will participate in the international event.
Students from departments including nursing and criminal justice will be there with presentations about domestic and sexual violence. That will even includes math students.
"They're going to be presenting different types of statistics that are local here to Tippecanoe County and the Greater Lafayette area, pertaining to domestic and sexual abuse," said Steve Bush, Director of Student Life.
The event will take place in Ivy Hall on Wednesday, starting with the resource fair at 5:30 p.m. It will be followed by the rally, where survivors will share their stories.
The community is welcome to attend.
- Ivy Tech prepares to take back the night
- Ivy Tech educating addiction counselors
- Drug Take Back at Lafayette Ivy Tech Community College
- Ivy Tech Week of Service Kicks Off
- Ivy Tech Lafayette students celebrate 2018 commencement
- Ivy Tech hosts annual Shoes for Water drive this week
- Ivy Tech Canstruction drive feeds community and fuels creativity
- Ivy Tech Community College to host annual career fair
- Ivy Tech Lafayette closed until at least 1 p.m. Wednesday
- Ivy Tech Community College in Lafayette celebrates a big birthday