LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Ivy Tech and the Indiana Volunteer Firefighter's Association are teaming to bring volunteer first responders back to school.
The community college has put aside $250,000 to create the Volunteer Firefighter Scholarship.
It will give any active volunteer firefighter or emergency management personnel a chance to earn a two year degree.
The scholarship covers all tuition and technology fees for those eligible.
The scholarships hopes to address a shortage in volunteer first responders in the state.
The scholarship will run as a pilot for two years starting this upcoming spring semester.
More information on how to apply for the scholarship can be found here.
- Ivy Tech offering new scholarship to volunteer first responders
- Ivy Tech educating addiction counselors
- Ivy Tech offering new jump start program starting in fall
- Ivy Tech to offer classes on Saint Joseph's campus
- Ivy Tech Week of Service Kicks Off
- Ivy Tech Lafayette students celebrate 2018 commencement
- Ivy Tech students celebrate at 2019 graduation
- Ivy Tech hosts annual Shoes for Water drive this week
- Ivy Tech Canstruction drive feeds community and fuels creativity
- Ivy Tech Community College to host annual career fair