LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Ivy Tech's week of service kicked off Monday.
Volunteers gathered to pack meals for the Rise Against Hunger Service Project.
Ten thousand meals were prepared and will be sent around the globe to families in need.
One out of nine people in the world are malnourished and today's meals will go to 40 different countries.
Steve Bush is in charge of leadership developement at Ivy Tech and loves seeing the campus get involved.
"Ivy Tech's montra is "changing lives" and it feels great to be a part of more of the global picture," said Bush. "Not just the United States but all over the country and world."
On Wednesday at 10:00 am, Ivy Tech will hold a donation drive for Almost Home Humane Society.
The Indiana Blood Center will host a blood drive on Thursday at 10:00 am as well.
- Ivy Tech Week of Service Kicks Off
- Ivy Tech educating addiction counselors
- Ivy Tech hosts annual Shoes for Water drive this week
- Ivy Tech Lafayette students celebrate 2018 commencement
- Ivy Tech Community College Lafayette packs 10,000 meals for Days of Service
- Ivy Tech Canstruction drive feeds community and fuels creativity
- Ivy Tech Community College to host annual career fair
- Ivy Tech prepares to take back the night
- Ivy Tech Lafayette closed until at least 1 p.m. Wednesday
- Ivy Tech Community College in Lafayette celebrates a big birthday