LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Community service is the topic of the week at Ivy Tech Campuses statewide.
Ivy Tech Lafayette participated in the 8th Annual Days of Service by packaging meals for Rise Against hunger.
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization distributing food and aid to the world's most vulnerable.
Student, Johana Romero, spoke about the importance of Ivy Tech Lafayette's role in the global effort of community service and hunger relief.
“It's always a nice life experience because knowing that you're doing this for other people that need food honestly, meanwhile, we're hearing trying to help as much as we can.”
Director of Student Life, Steve Bush, spoke about Ivy Tech's goal to not only provide students with an education, but access to community service as well.
“We don't just want to connect students to an education to get a degree, we also want to make sure that they're doing their civil obligations and getting them more worldly perspective of what's out there and part of that is serving others.”
Over ten thousand meals were packaged today due to the staff and student dedication to serve their community.
- Ivy Tech Community College Lafayette packs 10,000 meals for Days of Service
- Ivy Tech Community College in Lafayette celebrates a big birthday
- Drug Take Back at Lafayette Ivy Tech Community College
- Ivy Tech Community College to host annual career fair
- Ivy Tech Week of Service Kicks Off
- Ivy Tech Lafayette students celebrate 2018 commencement
- Ivy Tech educating addiction counselors
- Central Presbyterian Church in Lafayette packs meals for a purpose
- Alumni react to Ivy Tech, St. Joseph's College collaboration
- Ivy Tech Lafayette one of 37 sites to host College Goal Sunday