LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—You have the opportunity to help save lives. All it takes is one text message or a phone call.
Day two of the Neuhoff Media Riley Radiothon kicked off at 6 a.m. Friday morning. Donations were accepted on Thursday from 12:00 to 6:00 p.m.
The event has been going on for about 15 years. Each year, local media members work to raise as much money as possible to help sick and injured children.
There are so many ways to give back.
You can make a one-time donation or sign up as a Riley 'Hope Hero,' which signs you up for monthly donations. You can be a Hope Hero by giving as little as just $15 per month; that's about 50 cents a day.
All money donated in the Riley Radiothon is going straight to the people who need it most. It goes toward research, treatment and equipment, all of which is needed to save children's lives every day.
Children like Addyson Wooldridge, a Lafayette girl who's spent a lot of time at Riley. Addyson wants you to help her friends at Riley.
"It just makes me feel good that they're supporting Riley," Addyson said. "They might need more money, they might need more tools to help the kids at Riley."
Read Addyson's story here.
Hope Wooldridge, Addyson's mother, said there is no place like Riley Hospital for Children.
"There's a lot of things there that don't get done if there aren't donations. The more donations we get, the better off the kids are gonna be and the more that the hospital can do for the kids," Hope said.
To make a donation, call 1-888-745-6525 or send the text 'RILEY' to (765) 448-6525.
To donate online, click here.
Donations must be submitted before 6 p.m. Friday.
All Neuhoff radio stations including K105, B102.9, 98.7 and 107.7 will air radiothon coverage Friday. Tune in from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. to hear from local Riley families on why your donation makes a difference.
You can also stop by and visit Neuhoff's live broadcast at the Tippecanoe Mall. The radiothon is set up near the entrance of Kohl's. Cash donations are accepted there.
- Neuhoff Media's Riley Radiothon begins
- It's the last day for Neuhoff Media's Riley Radiothon. Have you donated?
- Riley Radiothon raises money for children across the Hoosier state
- PUDM's Day of Miracles raises more than $150K for Riley
- Riley Dempewolf wins state wrestling championship
- Students dance to raise money for Riley
- Lafayette girl chosen as 2020 Riley Champion
- 9-year-old from Battle Ground Donates $500 to Riley Hospital for Children
- 'Kolor' run raises money for Riley Children's Hospital
- Purdue at Big Ten Media Days