It's like a pre-game celebration for Halloween. Today is National Pumpkin Day!
Pumpkins are a very flexible fruit, used to make pies, cookies, bars, coffee, cheesecake, pasta and oatmeal.
Of course, pumpkin spice is a popular flavor loved by millions around the U.S.
In addition to its edibility, pumpkins are also fun for families to carve and decorate for trick-or-treaters.
The U.S. produces 1.5 billion pounds of pumpkins in total – with Illinois making the most.
- It's National Pumpkin Day!
- It's National Waffle Day!
- It's national taco day!
- Farming family marvels at giant pumpkin
- Saturday's annual Pumpkin Party at Wolf Park open to all
- Poem's giant pumpkin comes to life in Battle Ground
- Starbucks releases Pumpkin Spice Latte early: Here's when you can get it!
- September 26, 4 PM Weather Update: Some Frost On the Pumpkin In Places Saturday Morning!
- Kids get forever homes during National Adoption Day
- Jan. 30 is national plan for vacation day