CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. (WLFI) — Indiana Conservation Officers and Crawfordsville police are investigating the disappearance of a man who was last seen in a creek. At last check, this man has not been identified.
Officials said the man was last seen near the Creekside Lodge Restaurant in Crawfordsville. Multiple witnesses said they saw a man who they believed to be in his mid-30ss, in Sugar Creek floating by the restaurant yelling for help. Witnesses then told police they saw the man go underwater just off the bank of the restaurant property.
Conservation Officers and the Crawfordsville Fire Department searched that area of the creek. The search was suspended Sunday night after hours of searching ended up unsuccessful.
Cody Fairfield works at the Creekside Lodge. He had just gotten off work when it happened but heard the news from co-workers.
"I just heard he was floating by people heard him cheering for help on our deck back here," said Fairfield.
A conservation officer on the scene said crews were focusing on the area between the State Road 136 and Lafayette Avenue bridges
Another DNR officer News 18 spoke to said an abandoned car in the parking lot of the Creekside Lodge is under investigation.
Anyone with information on the identity of the subject should contact the Indiana Conservation Officers Central Dispatch Center at (812) 837-9536.
- Search continues for man who went missing in a Crawfordsville creek
- Crawfordsville police searching for missing person
- Crawfordsville Police Department find missing person
- Crawfordsville Roadeo competition gets tighter
- Crawfordsville police investigating bank robbery
- Crawfordsville Police Department looking for second missing person
- Crawfordsville Police working on another missing persons case
- Crawfordsville community wants justice for Glenn Rightsell
- West Lafayette tops Crawfordsville on senior night
- Crawfordsville Police investigating report of candy tampering