LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are opening an investigation after a dead dog was found placed in a cage in the middle of a Lafayette street.
She was a black pit bull with no tags or collar.
Police say there are currently no leads as to who left the dog or why.
They are asking the public to call in any tips they may have on the case.
You can do so by calling Lafayette Animal Control at 765-807-1200.
- Investigation into dead dog left in cage
- Caged Birds: Electronic scooters impounded by WLPD
- Police kill gunman in workplace shooting that left five others dead
- UPDATE: Police have released the names of those involved in crash that left one dead
- Purdue WBB left out of NCAA Tournament
- Candidate left off Tippecanoe County primary ballot
- A 12-year-old boy who was starved, chained and kept in a dog collar died. His mother never knew he left the state
- Idaville breeder and dog win big at Westminster Dog Show
- Dog dies from fallen tree