WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Construction on what will be West Lafayette's newest school continues this fall.
The intermediate school will be located at the corner of Salisbury Street and Lindberg Road.
The project is currently on time and under budget. The school board plans on doors opening by January of 2019.
West Lafayette Superintendent Rocky Killion said the upgrades are due to increased enrollment across the board.
"We've grown by nearly 500 students over the last seven years now, and with the growth and the aging facilities, we had a strategic planning group of 47 patrons make decisions based upon analysis," said Killion.
An official name has yet to be decided for the building.
- Intermediate school construction on track
- New WL intermediate school receives name
- School board announces opening dates for West Lafayette Intermediate School
- Battle Ground Intermediate School hosts annual wax museum
- Sunnyside Intermediate School completes its $9 million wing
- West Lafayette Intermediate school hosts tour for students
- West Lafayette Intermediate School celebrates opening of new building
- West Lafayette Intermediate School's first full academic year
- City works to make streets around new West Lafayette Intermediate School safer
- Teenager shoots, kills self at Richmond Dennis Intermediate School, state police say