LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man was injured at the Lafayette Arconic plant early Thursday morning, according to Lafayette police.
Lafayette police and fire were called to the plant about 4:30 a.m. for a man who had fallen and had a head injury. No other details of the injury were provided.
Arconic provided the following statement:
“We can confirm that an employee was taken to the hospital after sustaining injuries resulting from a work-related incident. Our thoughts are with our colleague and his family, and we offer them our support during this difficult time.”
Arconic is an aluminum manufacturing plant on Main Street and Sagamore Parkway.
News 18 is working with Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration for more information. Police said there is no criminal investigation right now.
This story will be updated.
- Arconic employee injured in work-related incident
- Arconic employee critical after falling 40 feet into casting pit
- Twelve people arrested for drug related incident
- Arconic ends pre-Medicare retiree health coverage
- Lafayette United Steelworkers plan rally outside Arconic
- Union workers at Arconic vote on strike
- LPD investigates three shooting incidents that appear to be related
- IOSHA conducting safety review at Arconic after worker fall
- USW rallies outside Arconic in Lafayette for fair contract
- Arconic, USW Local 115 negotiations continue June 23rd