BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) — Indiana forward Juwan Morgan has declared for this year’s NBA draft.
The 6-foot-7 junior says he won’t hire an agent and is trying to gather information from NBA scouts to see what opportunities might exist.
He can return to school for his final season if he withdraws by the May 30 deadline.
Coach Archie Miller says he supports Morgan’s decision.
Morgan posted the most improved stats in the Big Ten last season. His scoring average of 16.5 points last season more than doubled his previous season’s total. He also grabbed 7.4 rebounds, had 1.4 blocks, 1.2 steals and shot 57.9 percent from the field and was selected to the all-conference second team.
He played high school basketball in Waynesville, Missouri.
- Indiana's Juwan Morgan declares for draft, not hiring agent
- Purdue's Nojel Eastern declares for draft, not hiring agent
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards to enter name in NBA Draft, not hiring agent
- Morgan leads Indiana past Rutgers 89-73
- Indiana agents raid 2 suspected cockfighting operations
- Morgan has triple-double, No. 22 Indiana tops Jacksonville
- Morgan scores 20 to lead Indiana over Illinois 92-74
- Morgan lifts Indiana over St. Francis (Pa.) 89-72 in NIT
- Ja'Whaun Bentley drafted by Patriots
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards to enter NBA Draft