INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis police have arrested two men in connection with the fatal shooting of a 1-year-old girl and the wounding of her 19-year-old aunt.
Police said Wednesday that 27-year-old Darrin Banks and 29-year-old Brian Palmer were being held on preliminary murder and aggravated assault charges in the March 29 killing of Malaysia Robson and the wounding of Ana Fox.
Marion County prosecutors will decide what formal charges Banks and Palmer will face. It wasn't immediately clear Wednesday if either man has an attorney who could speak on their behalf.
Police said Robson was killed and Fox was wounded when more than 20 shots were fired into an Indianapolis home as about 10 people, mostly relatives, were inside.
Police Chief Bryan Roach has said a social media dispute escalated into the shooting.
- Indianapolis police arrest 2 in fatal shooting of girl, 1
- Police: 3 fatally shot in Indianapolis; witnesses sought
- 2 Indianapolis men charged in shooting that killed girl, 1
- Man convicted in shootings at 2 Indianapolis police offices
- Police: 1-year-old dead, woman hurt in Indianapolis shooting
- Investigation into fatal shooting leads to arrest
- Indianapolis Zoo opening new exhibits
- Muncie police: Fatal shooting of man, 84, was an accident