MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) — A central Indiana woman who pleaded guilty to dousing a house guest with a pan of hot grease has been sentenced to six years in prison.
Twenty-four-year-old Mykael Dauna Holloway of Muncie was sentenced Thursday in the July 2017 attack that left another woman with severe burns. Police found the victim on the grass outside Holloway's home screaming in pain.
The victim, whose most severe burns were on her back, told investigators she had known Holloway since they were in elementary school and she had been staying at Holloway's home during a visit.
She told police that Holloway threw the grease on her after accusing her of stealing deodorant.
The Star Press reports that Holloway had pleaded guilty to aggravated battery and possession of cocaine.
- Indiana woman gets 6 years for dousing guest with hot grease
- Indiana senators bring guests to State of the Union
- Teen gets 64 years for fatal shooting of Indiana woman
- There's a 'Grease' prequel in the works
- 2-year-old Indiana boy found inside hot vehicle dies
- Local couple invites adoptable furry friends as special wedding guests.
- Veterans honored at reception, with surprise special guest
- Purdue guest speakers and students address organ donation
- Gold and Black LIVE August 27 with guest Mike Bobinski
- Gold and Black LIVE September 6 with guest Gene Keady