INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced Wednesday Indiana will enter what he calls Stage 4.5 of reopening Indiana leading up to the 4th of July weekend.
During his weekly news conference on the COVID-19 fight, Governor Holcomb said there has been an increase in COVID-19 hospitalizations and cases over the last week in the state. The governor said the state would pause expanding capacity in restaurants and bars. Outdoor activities can still resume, with social distancing measures in place.
IMPORTANT LOCAL LINKS
The state’s reopening plan had called for those restrictions to be lifted this weekend, but Holcomb said he would keep them in place until at least July 18. The state will also continue its current 250-person limit on social gatherings.
Since June 12, restaurants have been allowed 75% capacity in their dining rooms, while bars, nightclubs, bowling alleys, museums and amusement parks have been open at half capacity.
Holcomb also stated Indiana residents should wear masks and talked about the importance of masks.
Stage 4.5 is planned to last from July 4 to July 17 at which time they will continue to monitor the COVID levels.