CORYDON, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a southern Indiana elementary school teacher has been charged with 36 counts of child molesting involving a single child over three years.
Prosecutor Otto Schalk said Monday that Corey Faith has admitted the molestations occurred from 2005 to 2007 in the defendant's home, his classroom at New Middletown Elementary School in Corydon and elsewhere.
At an initial hearing Monday in Harrison Superior Court, a not guilty plea was entered on behalf of Faith. He was being held at the Harrison County Jail on a $250,000 cash-only bond.
A probable cause affidavit says the victim was 12 years old when the molestations began.
Online court records didn't list an attorney for Faith.
The South Harrison Community School Corp. delivered notice Monday of its intent to fire Faith.
- Indiana teacher faces 36 molestation charges; single victim
- Twice-convicted child molester faces more charges
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- Indiana man faces 6th suit for allegedly molesting 19 kids
- Previously convicted child molester facing new charges of sex crimes
- A Lafayette man faces several felony child molesting charges
- Indiana child molestation suspect nabbed in Alabama
- Fired Earhart teacher faces two more charges
- Indiana teacher charged with drug possession