FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — Authorities in Hawaii say an Indiana man was struck and killed by a falling rock in a national park.
Thirty-four-year-old Greg Miller of Fort Wayne died Saturday evening near Maui's Waimoku Falls after being struck in the head by a large rock in Haleakala National Park.
The News-Sentinel reports Maui County's fire chief says Miller was struck as he was sitting beneath the 200-foot waterfall with a 30-year-old female companion from Indiana and a man and woman from Wailuku after hiking to the site.
The chief said in a statement that responding firefighters met the two women hiking down the trail and they said Miller suffered head trauma, wasn't breathing and had no pulse. Firefighters turned back because rocks continued to fall near the waterfall.
Miller's body was recovered Sunday.
- Indiana man struck, killed by falling rock in Hawaii
- Tips sought after 2 pedestrians struck, killed in Indiana
- Man held after girl struck, killed by car in central Indiana
- Police: W. Lafayette man struck, killed on Indianapolis interstate
- Indiana man charged in pursuit crash that killed 2 children
- Indiana man killed when building materials topple onto him
- Indiana man arrested in February fire that killed woman, 85
- Man faces charges after Indiana crash kills 2 young people
- Employee killed after fall at Nanshan America
- Wind and rain dislodge boat trapped on rocks above Niagara Falls for 101 years