CROWN POINT, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a northwestern Indiana man died in a work-related accident when building materials apparently toppled onto him.
The Lake County coroner's office says 23-year-old Kelly S. Davaney Jr. was pronounced dead Monday from blunt force trauma at Nick's Building Materials in Crown Point.
The (Northwest Indiana) Times reports police said that it appears building materials at the business toppled onto the Crown Point man.
The fatal accident remains under investigation and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been contacted to investigate the incident.
- Indiana man killed when building materials topple onto him
- Building materials bill heads to Governor's desk
- Headstones toppled at historic central Indiana cemetery
- Lamb scores 21, Hornets topple Pacers 127-109
- Indiana man dies after repeatedly ramming van into building
- Segregationist's name coming off Indiana University building
- Purdue joins team devising materials for superfast aircraft
- Indiana man arrested in February fire that killed woman, 85
- Man faces charges after Indiana crash kills 2 young people
- Indiana man charged in pursuit crash that killed 2 children