ELKHART, Ind. (AP) — Authorities in Indiana say an Elkhart County Jail inmate who was mistakenly released is back in custody.
The Elkhart County Sheriff's Department says 38-year-old Anthony Allen Bailey was released Saturday around 3:20 p.m. Police say the mistake was realized immediately, but Bailey fled after an officer confronted him the lobby. He was later apprehended by deputies and Goshen police.
Bailey is being held on a charge of operating a vehicle without ever obtaining a license.
Additional charges are pending.
- Indiana inmate mistakenly released back in custody
- Man mistakenly released from Indiana jail back behind bars
- Clinton County inmate back in custody after trying to escape
- Coroner releases cause of inmate death
- Escaped meth dealer back in custody
- Holcomb administration releasing Indiana budget proposal
- IDHS and Indiana Beach release statements about Indiana Beach ride
- Indiana inmates may be getting access to tablets
- Indiana governor to launch coding program for female inmates
- Crowded Indiana jail to move inmates to Illinois, Kentucky