GRABILL, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say an 8-year-old girl has died after a younger child accidentally shot her in the eye with a BB gun in northeastern Indiana.
The girl was taken to a hospital in critical condition on Thursday after being wounded at a home in Grabill, 140 miles (225 kilometers) northeast of Indianapolis. An obituary for Deborah Kay Schwartz says she died Friday.
The Allen County Coroner’s Office said Monday that Deborah died of a gunshot wound to the head.
The shooting is under investigation by authorities in Allen County, including the sheriff’s department, prosecutors and the coroner’s office.
- Indiana girl, 8, dies after being shot in eye with BB gun
- 4-year-old Lebanon girl shot by 3-year-old brother dies
- Child finds gun, fires shot inside Indiana Ikea store
- Parents of girl shot at Indiana school sue gunman's parents
- Sheriff: Indiana deputy shot during chase has died
- Indiana city eyes declining mall for sports project
- Authorities: Man fatally shot by friend playing with gun
- Man shot by police dies after medical emergency in jail
- Authorities: Man fatally shot in Indiana hunting accident
- Bystander shot by Indiana officer files excessive force suit