INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Catholic bishop of a northern Indiana diocese is set to release the names of clergy who've been credibly accused of sexual abusing children.
The Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend says Bishop Kevin Rhoades will release the names of priests and deacons who have been credibly accused on Tuesday afternoon. It says the list will be available on the diocesan website and through diocesan media channels.
The Diocese of Gary last month released the names of 10 former priests who the diocese has deemed guilty of sexually abusing children.
Indianapolis Archbishop Charles Thompson has said he plans to take a similar step after a review board helps compile a list of all priests, living and dead, with substantiated claims of sexual abuse against a child or minor."
- Indiana diocese to release names of priests accused of abuse
- Evansville Diocese to release abusive priests' names in 2019
- Northern Indiana diocese suspends priest accused of abuse
- Indiana diocese releases names of 18 accused ex-clergy
- Names of 12 priests with substantial sexual misconduct allegations released by Lafayette Diocese
- Holy Cross order releases list of accused abusive priests
- Indiana archdiocese preps list of priests accused of abuse
- Catholic Diocese of Lafayette face lawsuit on sexual abuse allegations of former priest
- Indianapolis Archdiocese lists 23 credibly accused priests
- Lawsuit filed against Diocese of Lafayette over sexual abuse