INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Attendance at this year's Indiana State Fair fell by 5 percent from last year's level but a new single-day record was set.
The fair announced that attendance over the 17-day run that ended Sunday was 860,131, compared with 906,732 last year.
The fair said Monday that the single-day record was set with more than 91,000 on Aug. 14, during a $2 ticket promotion.
The 2019 Indiana State Fair will run Aug. 2-18.
- Indiana State Fair attendance falls 5 percent from 2017
- Data show Indiana union membership fell 12.5 percent in 2017
- Indiana State Fair begins annual 17-day extravaganza
- Indiana midterm election turnout hit 51 percent
- Indiana State Fair announces six acts performing in August
- More metal detectors at Indiana State Fair this year
- Governor announces theme of 2019 Indiana State Fair
- Purdue student, Miss Benton County wins Indiana State Fair Queen
- Indiana State Fair beginning annual 17 days of activities
- Local representation at the 2019 Indiana State Fair