INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana National Guard says one of its soldiers has died during training at Fort Hood, Texas.
It says 29-year-old Staff Sgt. Andrew Michael St. John of Greenwood died Thursday night in a tactical vehicle accident. The Guard says the cause of his death is under investigation and no other details were available Saturday.
St. John served as an infantryman with the Indiana Army National Guard's 151st Infantry Regiment.
The Guard says he had been deployed previously to Iraq and Afghanistan.
Gov. Eric Holcomb said he and his wife, Janet, offered their condolences to St. John's family and friends.
- Indiana National Guard soldier dies training at Fort Hood
- Indiana National Guard soldier dies during training
- National Guard sends soldiers to duty
- Three National Guard soldiers killed in helicopter crash identified
- Indiana National Guard deployed to Kuwait
- Indiana Nat'l Guard troops to lead Pacific Pathways training
- Ceremony, service set for Indiana soldier who died in Texas
- Indiana National Guard unit set for deployment to Kuwait
- Indiana National Guard unit helping with hurricane relief
- Indiana train museum vandalized