MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — A roller coaster at Indiana Beach is shut down after a dead tree limb fell onto its track and hit an oncoming passenger car.
The "Hoosier Hurricane" ride was closed Sunday afternoon. An Indiana Beach spokesperson said no one was hurt in the incident and there was no damage to the cars or the coaster's track.
Witnesses reported the tree limb to an employee. When the ride ended, maintenance workers arrived to inspect it.
The roller coaster will be closed until a full inspection can be complete. That could be as early as Monday.
- Indiana Beach coaster closed after car hits tree limb
- Volunteers plant trees at Indiana Veterans' Home
- The Highs and Lows of Our Temperature Roller Coaster
- Avoid the 'Cardiovascular Roller Coaster' this holiday season
- Tree Lafayette Plants 3000th Tree
- Holcomb signs bill to replenish eroded NW Indiana beaches
- Nationwide book distributor closing Indiana center
- Planned Parenthood closes Indiana center, citing harassment
- Indiana midterm election turnout hit 51 percent
- Mulberry man dies after crashing car into tree