MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — A roller coaster at Indiana Beach is shut down after a dead tree limb fell onto its track and hit an oncoming passenger car.
The "Hoosier Hurricane" ride was closed Sunday afternoon. An Indiana Beach spokesperson said no one was hurt in the incident and there was no damage to the cars or the coaster's track.
Witnesses reported the tree limb to an employee. When the ride ended, maintenance workers arrived to inspect it.
The roller coaster will be closed until a full inspection can be complete. That could be as early as Monday.
- Indiana Beach coaster closed after car hits tree limb
- Indiana Beach closes after nearly a century
- Indiana Beach releases statement on closing
- Cause of death undetermined for boy who died on Indiana Beach roller coaster
- IDHS and Indiana Beach release statements about Indiana Beach ride
- Some Indiana beaches along Lake Michigan closed after spill
- People gather at Indiana Beach to rally
- Volunteers plant trees at Indiana Veterans' Home
- Tree Lafayette Plants 3000th Tree
- The Highs and Lows of Our Temperature Roller Coaster