WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A new West Lafayette business is giving people a taste of Indian culture.
Indian & International Grocery moved into the former Trader Horn Boot Center building. The Sagamore Parkway business opened its doors in mid-February.
An employee said they chose West Lafayette because of the large Indian community, but they'll help anyone who already likes the cuisine or wants to try something new.
"There are a lot of varieties of Indian food in India because there are a lot of states,"said employee Palkaran Singh. "Every state has a different food. We can suggest to people what to buy if they want to make something."
The store still has plenty of room to expand its inventory. Eventually, the owner would like to add other cultural cuisine to its shelves.
- Indian & International Grocery opens in West Lafayette
- Lafayette celebrates Indian culture
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- Franciscan Health Lafayette opens new West Tower
- West Lafayette Fresh Thyme announces opening date
- International Overdose Awareness Day celebrated in Lafayette
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- West Lafayette native makes history
- School board announces opening dates for West Lafayette Intermediate School