Sunglasses will be needed throughout the entire day today, with plenty of sunshine and highs in the mid-80s by this afternoon. High pressure and upper ridging are in control of these quiet conditions. In addition, light winds and comfortable humidity levels are expected for your Thursday with lows tonight topping off at 60 degrees.
As we kick off the holiday weekend tomorrow, increasing heat and humidity will be the daily theme. Daytime highs in the upper 80s and overnight lows in the mid-60s. A slight chance for showers closer to midnight. Heat index readings will climb into the 90s in many areas. A weather disturbance passing across Illinois tomorrow will eventually trigger scattered thunderstorms in Indiana, starting later in the evening and continuing overnight. No severe storms are expected.
Sunday is looking to be our first 90 degree day of the year under partly sunny skies. This will mark one of the hottest Indy 500s in history! While the rain chances are there, it will not be a washout. Keep the umbrella handy if you are headed to the track or plan on being out and about this weekend.
- Increasing Heat & Humidity
- Heat and Humidity Continues
- Increasing Heat & T-Storms As We Head Into The Weekend
- Hot & Humid for Memorial Day!
- September 14, 10:45 PM: Summer Heat & Humidity.....Rain/Storms Down the Road & Much Cooler Weather
- Heat Wave Continues Sunday
- Doctors see increase in patients
- Oppressive Heat and Alberto's Rains
- Oppressive heat pushes into Indiana
- Enrollment continues to increase for TSC