FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — People living in Frankfort will soon notice improvements to sidewalks. Starting Wednesday, construction crews will be working on White Street between First and Jackson.
The work will continue for the next several days. During that time, crews will be putting new sidewalks in the area. The improvements are part of the Safe Routes to Schools Program.
Drivers are asked to avoid parking on the north side of White Street until further notice.
As News 18 has previously reported, Frankfort leaders have been working for months on efforts to improve the city's infrastructure.
One of the top priorities is making sure streets and sidewalks near schools are in good condition.
- Improvements to Frankfort sidewalks will begin Wednesday
- Sidewalk improvements coming to Salisbury Street
- Improvements coming to West Lafayette streets and sidewalks
- Demolition begins for burned Frankfort businesses
- Frankfort residents: fall clean up begins on Monday
- Lafayette resident speaks out over sidewalks
- Battle Ground Residents Frustrated over Damaged Sidewalks
- Overnight closures on Sagamore Parkway beginning Wednesday
- City of Frankfort improving community communication with a new messaging center
- Storms cause damage in Frankfort