RENSSELAER, Ind. (WLFI) - An Illinois man is in the Jasper County Jail after he tried to escape arrest. It happened on Friday around 3 p.m.
Newton County Deputies requested help from the Rensselaer Police Department to revive a man who appeared to be suffering from an overdose. The man was identified as 30-year-old Thomas Pranskus of Kankakee Illinois.
After Pranskus was revived with Naloxone, he was take to Franciscan Health of Rensselaer. RPD later learned he was a suspect in a bank robbery that happened earlier that morning in St. Anne Illinois.
When a Rensselaer Officer arrived at the hospital, Pranskus was seen walking out of the emergency room area wearing only jeans and socks. The officer noticed that he still had electrodes connected to him. Pranskus made eye contact with the officer and then fled towards the area of Melville and Grace with the officer which led to a chase.
Detective Hughes, along with Cpl. Hammond and Officer Davis responded to the scene to take Mr. Pranskus into custody. Pranskus then tried to force his way into a vehicle that was stopped at the stop sign occupied only by a female driver. After a brief struggle he was taken into custody and returned to the hospital to be medically cleared.
He was then taken to the Jasper County Jail on charges of resisting law enforcement (A misdemeanor) and attempted robbery (level 5 felony).
- Illinois man put behind bars in Jasper County
- Jasper County man arrested in alleged stabbing
- Jasper County man killed by front-end loader
- Man dies following crash on I-65 in Jasper County
- Jasper County man dead after car catches fire
- Jasper County man injures 5 officers during arrest
- Deputies break up underage drinking party in Jasper County
- ISP: Three people airlifted after crash in Jasper County
- Missing Jasper County woman found dead in Hobart
- Jasper County held an 'Aircraft rescue and fire training' presentation