INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities say the man and woman who died when their SUV plunged from the fourth floor of a downtown Indianapolis parking garage came from Illinois.
The Marion County Coroner's Office on Thursday identified the couple as 70-year-old Iristeen Hunt and 73-year-old Charles Hunt of University Park, Illinois.
The car plowed through the wall of the Market Square Center Garage just before 10 a.m. Wednesday, tumbling four floors before landing on its roof in an alley behind the City Market.
The couple died at the scene and a man who witnessed the plunge was treated for shock.
Fire Department Battalion Chief Rita Reith (ryt) has said the woman was driving.
- Illinois couple IDed as victims in parking garage plunge
- Car plunges from Indianapolis parking garage, killing 2
- State Street closures will affect parking garage
- Cash no longer accepted at campus parking garage
- Northwestern parking garage will be used as event parking for Purdue basketball games
- Concerns Over New Purdue ID's
- Polar Plunge supports Special Olympic athletes
- Confusing signals from Washington send markets plunging
- LFD fights garage fire near downtown Lafayette
- Annual craft beer fest returning to top of Lafayette parking garage