LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) An Idaville breeder and her dog have a lot to celebrate.
Zoli, the Spinoni Italiani, won Best of Breed at the Westminster Dog Show in New York. Zoli follows in the footsteps of his father, DiOGi, who won the same award in 2013.
Owner Kay McLeland says she's incredibly proud of her dog's hard work and discipline, but she looks forward to Zoli's semi-retirement from the dog show scene.
“If I tell him, let's go for a run, he's like 'okay.' and that's where I love to see him. I love the show, I love doing it, but sometimes I'm ready for him to come back and say, ‘Let's just be a dog."
After Zoli's big win, McLeland plans to semi-retire him from shows, focusing now on training his daughter, Zelda, to follow in his footsteps.
- Idaville breeder and dog win big at Westminster Dog Show
- Video shows mail carrier routinely pepper spraying dog
- Dog dies from fallen tree
- Lafayette restaurant wins big money on Food Network show
- Dogs help rehabilitate Tippecanoe County criminals
- West Lafayette woman injured in dog attack
- Veterans get service dogs trained by prisoners
- Investigation into dead dog left in cage
- Cadaver dogs, helicopter added to search in 'big push' for missing 4-year-old
- NW Indiana city to pay $10K in police dog's killing of dog