WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The first snowstorm of the season has left many roads under slick conditions, unfortunately some are just now seeing treatment.
Jarrod Adkins, a resident in the West Lafayette Point West Mobile Home Community claimed his neighborhood roads were only salted because News 18 stopped by.
This morning we received a call from Adkins, he claimed his neighborhood roads have been frozen solid since the storm. When Adkins called the Point West Management team he said they kept giving him excuses.
“The number one excuse was, oh well it rained last night but what does that say for Sunday and Monday, I mean it has been a solid sheet of ice since the temp. dropped to seven degrees,” said Adkins.
We took a ride through the neighborhood and the roads did not appear to be salted. During our scheduled interview with Point West's General Manager, the salt trucks arrived.
“Documentation that's a little bit hard to get you know but Saturday around 11:00 a.m. is when we started plowing and salting, not just here but also we have a property across town and that's what we got done and they stopped pretty close to about 8:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m. when it got dark out and then again Sunday morning they did another pass around around 10:00 a.m.,” said Nadia Rodriguez, Point West’s General Manager.
Adkins said her claims don’t add up.
“They have recently salted in the last 10 or 15 minutes you can see but it's not doing anything and again that's what happens when you just now do it and you should have been doing it Sunday night,” said Adkins.
Adkins said he complained to Point West Management a total of three times. When nothing was done he called Tippecanoe County Highway Department and WLFI.
“I definitely appreciate WLFI, News team 18 for coming out, showing some interest and allowing me to use my voice to help hundreds of other people,” said Adkins.
Adkins hopes this coverage is an eye opener for Point West management team.
- Man tells us his neighborhood hasn't been salted since the snowstorm, soon after interview the salt trucks arrive
- Road salt may be causing environmental damage
- Local Weather History: The February 16-17, 1870 Snowstorm
- Stolen semi damages local neighborhood
- Vandalism spree impacts Lafayette neighborhood
- Local Weather History: The Top 10 Biggest December Snowstorms On Record Since 1879
- Indiana digs out of weekend snowstorm; warning lifted but more snow on the horizon
- Local Weather History: Two Ways to Get a Big Snowstorm or Blizzard & Two Different Effects Here
- City of Lafayette working to improve neighborhoods
- WL creates new neighborhood vitality position