UPDATE: The current weather is forcing the temporary closure of the Riverside Skating Center.
According to the West Lafayette parks department, the warm weather and sunshine are impacting the ice.
The department says as soon as the temperatures drop, it will remake the ice and reopen the rink.
News 18 will let you know when that happens.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Riverside Skating Center Ice Rink is set to open up this week. It should open the day after Thanksgiving, depending on weather temperatures in the coming days.
The rink will have family night on Wednesdays this skating season. The annual skating with Santa event will be held Dec. 9.
Rink Manager Kevin Noe says the rink is a great asset to the community.
"A lot of families take advantage of it, a lot of Purdue Students, we get proposals out here, you know one of our big programs is the Learn to Skate Clinics," said Noe.
Noe also says the rink has been a staple for community members to celebrate the coming of winter and the holidays.
"It adds a lot to everybody's holiday experience," said Noe. "We get a lot of families down here that you know it's part of their holiday tradition, they come down they ice skate."
The Ice Rink's schedule depends on the weather throughout the Winter. For more information visit the Rink's website at West Lafayette website.
- UPDATE: Warm weather forces temporary closure of skating center
- Temporary weekend road closure on State Street
- SIA's temporary closure affecting Greater Lafayette's economy
- Update: all lanes open after crash on I-65 forces closure
- Riverside Skating Center gets ADA compliant sleds
- LUM opening warming centers early
- Temporary road closures announced around The Hub construction in W. Lafayette
- UPDATE: Monday's North River Road closure postponed
- Carroll County Community Center serves as warming center Wednesday