Good morning, Lafayette! It's a beautiful start to the day with mostly sunny skies and light north easterly winds. Temperatures will be slightly cooler today with highs in the lower 40s.
Increasing sky cover later this afternoon ahead of a cold front moving in around 11 this evening bringing freezing rain through the overnight hours.Allow extra time and drive carefully Friday night and into Saturday morning. The wintry mix will turn to rain as temperatures climb above freezing around 9 am.
Winter Weather Advisories have been issued for counties just north of Tippecanoe! The advisory is in effect from midnight till 9am Saturday. Stay tuned to WLFI-News 18 for the latest updates. Showers will exit the area late tomorrow afternoon with highs in the mid-40s, Dry conditions returning for your St. Patrick’s evening.
- Ice, Ice, Baby!
- Ice carvers welcome winter weather
- Street departments prepare for snow and ice
- Freezin' for a reason at "Ice Bowl"
- One man dead after ice fishing accident
- Rensselaer man dies in ice fishing accident
- February 20, 10 AM: Snow & Ice Update
- Indiana takes advantage of strong 2nd half to ice Penguins
- Coalition denounces proposed ICE detention center in Indiana
- Authorities: Bodies of 2 ice fishermen found at Indiana pond