LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A Fowler family rang in the new year with a new family member.
The first baby born in 2018 in IU Health Arnett was a boy named Perrin Michael Barsteika.
Erin and Mike Barsteika welcomed their baby boy Perrin at 5:11 a.m. Monday.
Perrin weighed eight pounds and 11 ounces and was 21 and a half inches long.
The Barsteikas went to the hospital on New Year's Eve, Perrin's actual due date, but he wasn't born until the following morning.
Erin and Mike said they were a little worried when they had to have an emergency C-Section.
"To hear that first cry, I knew he was out and was starting to feel comfortable but you don't have that just overwhelming joy hit you until you hear that cry, and I saw him over there on the table and it was just, relief but so much joy," said Mike.
The couple said they are glad the wait for baby Perrin is over.
"This lived up to everything I wanted it to be honestly. It was amazing," said Mike. "And I've been ready since December 1st to get him out so I'm just very happy to have him on the outside now," said Erin.
Perrin is Erin and Mike's first child.
- IU Health Arnett welcomes first baby of 2018
- IU Health Arnett's new virtual service
- IU Health Arnett celebrates Graduate Medical Education Day
- IU Health Arnett receives accreditation from American College of Cardiology
- Family fun day held at IU Health Arnett
- IU Health Arnett employee turned patient shares her road to recovery after breast cancer
- Center of Hope at IU Health Arnett celebrates one year of service
- Terri Jones completes 10,000 car seat checks at IU Health Arnett
- IU Health Arnett doctors give us inside look at "Tumor Board"
- An IU Health Arnett doctor and cancer patient walk us through the cancer radiation process