LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — It was a celebration of medical education and research at IU Health Arnett on Thursday.
Graduate Medical Education Day recognizes the achievements by nurse practitioners, physician assistants and pharmacy students over the last year.
This was the first year that IU Health celebrated research along with the education of graduates.
IU Health also announced the new Family Medicine residency coming to Lafayette in July of 2018.
Director of GME Dr. Akram Al-Makki said the residency will bring more skilled medical students to Lafayette.
"We want to find the best physicians among them and hopefully in the future recruit them to stay and provide healthcare to our patients," said Al-Makki.
Dr. Brian Shepler from the College of Pharmacy at Purdue said Purdue and IU have collaborated together in a variety of ways at the hospital.
Shepler said the partnership will help keep talented professionals in Lafayette after they complete their residencies.
"It's great to have places like IU Health here that are so welcoming of our students and willing to collaborate with us," said Shepler.
- IU Health Arnett celebrates Graduate Medical Education Day
- IU Health Arnett's new virtual service
- Family fun day held at IU Health Arnett
- IU Health Arnett welcomes first baby of 2018
- IU Health Arnett receives accreditation from American College of Cardiology
- IU Health Arnett offers a free tobacco cessation class
- Center of Hope at IU Health Arnett celebrates one year of service
- IU Health Arnett needs volunteers to comfort dying patients in final days
- IU Health Arnett doctors give us inside look at "Tumor Board"
- IU Health Arnett employee turned patient shares her road to recovery after breast cancer