TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Indiana State Police are on the look out for clear windshields.
Troopers said especially at the beginning of the snow season, they see windshields and windows not completely clear and drivers can face fines for this.
One way to avoid that is to give your car some time to run before you leave home. Police also suggest waking up a little earlier to allow for extra travel time.
Sgt. Kim Riley said not having clear windows could have consequences.
"If you can't see out the window and you got a hole that big in your windshield that is obstruction and you can't see so we want to make sure people clean their windows off," said Riley.
With the snow and ice expected into Thursday, window scrapers will be extremely important.
- ISP warning drivers to clear snow and ice off windshields
- Street departments prepare for snow and ice
- Ice, Ice, Baby!
- ISP says 2 dead in I-65 crash
- ISP: Missing Brookston man found dead
- ISP has eyes in the sky
- ISP stops to assist travelers, finds drugs
- ISP identifies man killed in Monday crash
- ISP investigating officer involved shooting in Waynetown
- ISP remind drivers to "Click It or Ticket" this holiday weekend